Saturday, April 27, 2013

WHAT?!

When is a person an adult? What's the age limit? Is there such thing?

I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out my life. At 23, I'm going through some kind of a phase... Kind of trying to be young again. Well, I'm still young, but you know what I mean, right? When I was a teenager, I didn't have any major crises, I actually knew what I wanted. I read a lot, was doing well at school, never ditched a class.. okay, once I ditched P.E in High School, but I felt really guilty about it. 
Now I feel like I'm a little lost. Maybe not so little. A lot. Like, really lost.
So when does one have to have one's life in order?

Clearly, since I'm asking those questions, I haven't reached the magical stage of adulthood. It makes me feel a bit better about myself, like I still have time. That I don't have to have a perfect plan. Because the truth is, I really don't have one. I don't think I ever did. Just an idea, maybe. I'm not one of those people who have their 5-year- and 10-year- plans. Sure, in five years I'd love to have a safe, permanent job. Maybe be married. 



But I've always wanted to travel and see the world before I settle down. I've been lucky enough and have seen a lot already. But an opportunity has presented itself and I might have a whole new life ahead of me. Emphasis on the word might. It might or might not happen, but I'm hoping it will, even though I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, yet. I know it's irritating to say something like this and then not say anything else, but sorry, it's what I'm going to do. But I promise, when I know more, you know more. It shouldn't be more than a couple of months. 

I hope you all have a nice Saturday. I will leave for work in an hour! 

byyeee!

-iira

1 comment:

  1. Jännityksellä ootan että mitä on tapahtumassa! ;D

    Mulle ei kyl missään vaiheessa VIELÄ oo tullut kahenkympinkriisiä. Olishan se kivaa itsenäistyä ja muuttaa omilleen, mutta kun vielä ei ole siihen mahdollisuutta, niin tyydyn tähän mitä on. :) Ehkä se pahin kriisi iskee, kun lakkiaiset on pidetty ja sitten todellakin tulee se vaihe, että "mitäs nyt?" Sitä odotellessa...

    ReplyDelete