Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My days

I keep wondering where all the time goes. Sometimes it feels like a week goes by in a blur and I realize it's Monday again, and I haven't accomplished much anything, besides survived yet another week. So with all this in mind, I want to share my typical week with you and then think about ways to be more productive etc. When I hear the word "productive" (let alone write it) I want to laugh. I'm not the type to worry too much (used to be, though...) 



I don't have a regular work schedule. I like it more often than not, but sometimes it gets on the way of my social life. Most people I know have the weekends off, and I'm working through most weekends.. So basically I'm usually working Thursday through Sunday or Monday, more evenings than mornings, either from 4pm -10pm or 10am-4pm. Occasionally I have a free weekend, but my usual days off are Tuesday and Wednesday. But like I said, my schedule isn't regular, and I work whenever. For example this week I'm working Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Not too rough ;) 

Working more evening shifts has caused my rhythms to be all over the place. I go to bed after midnight, sometimes as late as 3am, and get up no earlier than 10am. I'm so not a morning person and trust me when I say I've tried. Before and after work I cook, try to remember to read (I've been reading so little lately, it's almost a crime), sometimes I see my friends and/or go run some errands and when I'm really bored or out of my mind, I clean. I also try to work on my novel whenever I can. I am trying to find a solid time of the day to do that, because I would love to make it a routine. I work on it every day, but I don't get much done everyday. Sad face. 

On my free days I like to just relax, hang out with friends and reset. I'm a Netflix-addict and active in the social media, Facebook, Instagram... I also work on my novel and have some quiet time. I'm a private person and like to keep to myself, as much as I love my friends. I guess you can call me shy, at least until you get to know me ;) 

I guess getting my daily rhythms in place I could save more time and then be more productive. But like I said, I don't worry too much. I've learned the damage of too much stress the hard way and choose to look at life with a positive attitude. Of course I have times when nothing seems to work out and it gets me down.. Don't we all? But the artsy, hippie side of me usually takes over and I know I'll be ok in the end :)  































To 

No comments:

Post a Comment